Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Scones

My mom gave me a couple boxes of scone mix she bought in Ireland (so you know they're gonna be good) that have been sitting in my room for a couple months just patiently waiting for me to get around to them.

Well, folks, today's their day! A couple friends and I are going to be having a pancake breakfast tomorrow, since classes are over so we can do things like that on Friday mornings (!), and I thought these scones would make a nice companion. Because what goes better with carbs than... more carbs?



It turned out to be more fitting than I could have imagined that I would make these scones today of all days, because while they were in the oven (literally) I got an email informing me I've been accepted into a study abroad program to London next January!!! Six months from now, I'll be eating bona fide British scones every day FOR A MONTH. I'm considering these my warm up.



Now if you'll excuse me... I have a British accent to perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment